1. Eligibility to Contribute:
1.1 To contribute to the Site you must be, and you represent and warrant that you are, 19 years of age or older.
2. Submission and Review of Content:
2.1 The Province reserves the right to review all Content submitted to the Site, to refuse to publish to the Site and to delete at any time from the server on which the Site is located any Content that the Province deems, in its sole discretion, to be objectionable or inappropriate, including without limitation Content that:
- is defamatory, threatening, hateful, personally disparaging, harassing, indecent, vulgar, obscene, profane, illegal, immoral or sexually explicit (partially masking profanity or other unacceptable language by substituting asterisks or other symbols into a word is not acceptable if the word remains recognizable);
- is disrespectful of the Site hosts, moderators, other users of the Site or their opinions, ideas or beliefs;
- contains the personal information of any person other than the person posting the Content;
- would appear to, or does actually, infringe the copyright, trade-mark, right of privacy, right of publicity or any other intellectual property or other proprietary right of any third party, including other users (links to third party materials should be included, rather than copying significant portions of those materials into the Content);
- advertises any product, person or organization, or directs attention to another website for personal gain;
- impersonates another person, living or dead;
- attempts to make contact with a minor outside of the Site;
- provides links to, or information about, other sites that contain unlawful, objectionable or inappropriate content;
- contains long embedded URLs, excessive links, code or other materials that could compromise the integrity or security of the Site or of the server;
- appears to be spam-like messaging or repeat postings; or
- is far off-topic or intentionally disrupts a forum discussion.
2.2 If you are concerned about inappropriate Content please e-mail HealthyFamiliesBC@gov.bc.ca, citing the date and author of the Content in question.
3. Ownership and License:
3.1 You retain ownership of all Content you submit to the Site. You represent and warrant that Content submitted by you: (a) is your original work, or has been provided to you or obtained by you from the rightful owner with all necessary permissions; and (b) does not and will not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
3.2 You agree, at the request of the Province, to provide to the Province the permissions described in paragraph 3.1 above.
3.3 By submitting Content to the Site, and in consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Site and other valuable consideration (the receipt and sufficiency of which you hereby acknowledge), you hereby grant to the Province a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide unrestricted license to exercise in respect of Content submitted by you those rights set out in the Copyright Act(Canada), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, distribute and display such Content in any and all formats present and future for any and all purposes associated with the Site.
3.5 You agree that the Province may reformat, rearrange or otherwise modify Content submitted by you, and you understand and acknowledge that the Province has no obligation to acknowledge you by name or pseudonym as the author of such Content or to ensure that you remain anonymous.
3.6 With the exception of Content submitted to the Site by you and by other contributors, all intellectual property in the Site, including but not limited to copyright, official marks or trademarks, is owned by the Province or its licensors. If you wish to make use of any such intellectual property, you must first obtain permission in accordance with the Province’s policies.
4. Freedom of Information:
4.1 Since most government information, including the contents of this Site, may be the subject of a freedom of information request, it is possible that some or all of the information you submit will be disclosed publicly under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FOIPPA”). Please consider this when contributing to the Site.
4.2 You agree that in order to protect your own privacy, you will not include any personal information, including phone numbers and email addresses, in the body of your comment. You also agree to protect the privacy of others by not including personal information about others.
5. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information:
5.1 Your name, email address, and opinions are characterized as “personal information” under FOIPPA. The Ministry of Health is collecting this personal information from you for the purposes of: (a) hearing your thoughts on healthy living issues; (b) facilitating discussion with other users of the Site; and (c) if you indicate that you wish to receive notifications of future opportunities to participate in public consultations and information on healthy living initiatives (collectively, the “Additional Information”), providing you with such Additional Information.
Christin Petelski, Sr. Manager, Health Engagement Unit
Population and Public Health Division, Ministry of Health
4-2, 1515 Blanshard St
Victoria BC, V8W 3C8
5.4 Your name and opinions will be used for, and publicly accessed and disclosed worldwide on, the Site.
5.5 Your email address may also be used to: (a) contact you for clarification of your comment(s); and (b) provide you with the Additional Information. If you no longer wish to receive the Additional Information, you may unsubscribe at any time by: (a) clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email sent to you in connection with the Site; or (b) accessing the “Manage Your Account” function available on the Site and removing the check mark from the “subscribe” box.
5.6 Your personal information may be disclosed to the Province’s independent contractors or service providers to the extent that such independent contractors or service providers require access to such information in order to perform services in connection with the Site.
5.8 Any inquiry about improper disclosure of personal information on the Site should be directed by e-mail to HealthyFamiliesBC@gov.bc.ca citing the date and author of the Content where the disclosure occurred.
6. Limitation of Liability and Indemnity:
6.2 Without limiting the general nature of the foregoing, you agree that the Province is not responsible for any lost, intercepted, incomplete, illegible or misdirected Content, connection failures or website unavailability, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmissions, or hardware, software or other technical malfunctions.
a) the availability of the Site; or
b) the accuracy, completeness or currency of any information, including Content, posted to the Site.
8. Termination of Site and Amendment to Terms:
9. Additional Terms: